We have found that without some kind of accountability, networking groups tend to devolve into social clubs. We encourage members to become friends, but positive business activity is what makes it a business networking group.
These rules have been established to promote fairness and reduce misunderstandings for everyone’s benefit. Please familiarize yourself with them. While much of this information also appears on the Business Networking page, there is more detail here.
General Elevate Business Networking Rules:
- Each chapter has one member per industry or specialty.
- Each chapter meets once a month for 1.5 hrs.
- Any meeting that falls on a holiday or is canceled for weather will be rescheduled.
- All of our meetings are faciliated by Mark or Mary, who are not there to promote their own businesses, but to add value to your Elevate membership.
- Each member will turn in a completed activity checklist at the beginning of each meeting. You can get that form from us or on our Forms page. Results will not be read to the group.
- Members who arrive after the open networking is over and the formal meeting has been called to order will be considered late.
- No member will be allowed to belong to more than one chapter at a time, but members may transfer to other chapters. Multiple members from the same company who apply to different chapters may or may not be admitted, depending upon the level of independence of the applicants.
- Groups are limited to 24 members to ensure that every member has the opportunity to be a featured speaker at least once per year.
- If a group wishes to grow beyond 24 members, the 30 minute educational portion of one or more meetings can be reduced or eliminated in favor of additional member speakers.
- Commitment is on a per quarter basis.
- Twice annually, we will hold inter-chapter mixers in the evening.
- Members may visit another group once per quarter and only pay the fee for food, as long as there is no category conflict with someone in that chapter.
- Exclusive Save My SpotTM option allows members to keep their spot for 3 months for a fee when they will miss 2 or 3 meetings in a quarter.
- Facilitators will watch for and perform inter-chapter introductions that would be beneficial.
- Elevate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or orientation.
Business Networking Activities Tracked:
- Attendance & promptness
- Giving referrals to other members
- Meetings with other members outside of regular meeting times
- Bringing guests and/or new members to meetings
- Making useful introductions, even if it's not direct business
- Assisting other members with business related activities, like finding office space or employees
- Offering discounts on goods & services to other group members
- Bringing relevant articles/education to the attention of the group
- Any other interaction between members that builds positive relationships, because that's what networking is all about.
Save My SpotTM Details:
- Save My SpotTM is intended for people who know they are going to miss 2 or 3 consecutive meetings due to business or personal conflicts.
- Save My SpotTM must be arranged in advance.
- Save My SpotTM cannot be used in the first quarter of membership.
- Save My SpotTM can only be used once in a rolling year and cannot be used in two consecutive quarters.
- Members utilizing this option are expected to stay in meaningful contact with other members of the group during the time of their absence and to submit their Monthly Activity Checklist to Mark or Mary once a month during their absence.
Business Networking Dues and Fees:
- Quarterly dues for business members are $125 for breakfast meetings or $80 plus cost of food for meetings where food exceeds $15 per meal
- Quarterly dues for not for profit representatives are $95 for breakfast meetings or $50 plus cost of food for meetings where food exceeds $15 per meal
- No refunds except for extenuating circumstances
- Sponsorships are available for evening events
- Save My SpotTM option has a $50 fee
Business Networking Meeting Format:
• Each meeting will begin with 15 minutes of open networking. Anyone who arrives after open networking has ended will be considered late.
• Each member will have 60 seconds to introduce themselves and/or answer a question related to networking
• At each meeting two members will each be featured for 10 minutes for a combination of presentation and questions
• Once per quarter an outside speaker will be scheduled for 30 minutes as is appropriate to the chapter
• During sessions which do not feature an outside speaker, 30 minutes will be devoted to brainstorming /mastermind activities or educational activities /book discussions
• Any additional time can be spent on testimonials, announcements and good and welfare.
Donations to Charity:
- 10% of net proceeds from each chapter will be donated to charity at the end of each quarter.
- Within each chapter, members will nominate charities and all members will vote on which charitable organization will receive the donation that quarter.
- If there is a Not For Profit Representative (see below) in a chapter, their charity may not be selected for a quarterly donation more than once in a year.
Not For Profit Representatives:
Individuals who represent a legal not for profit organization have the option of becoming a member of an Elevate group as a representative of that organization for a reduced fee (see Business Networking Dues and Fees, above).
Not For Profit representatives do not have an exclusive seat in the group. There may be more than one not for profit representative in a group, though they won't be for competing organizations.
Not For Profit Representatives are expected to be active contributing members of their group. They complete and submit a monthly checklist of activities and are subject to the same renewal guidelines as regular business members.
If a person whose membership is as a Not For Profit Representative also has a business, they may not promote their business at meetings. If a person wishes to promote BOTH their business and Not For Profit, they should join as a regular member.
The organization represented by a Not For Profit Representative member amy be chosen as the charity to receive the donation only once each year in order to be fair to the charitable interests of the other members of the group.
How We Select/Renew Members:
Each prospective member completes an application, which can be found on our Forms page. Mark or Mary will interview the prospective member and follow up on the references in the application. Members will be assigned to groups where there is an opening for their specialty. In the event where there is some overlap in specialties, it will be discussed with the parties involved to see if there is room for compromise.
Membership is on a first-come, first served basis. Assuming all goes well with the application and interview, the first person to apply and pay secures the spot for their specialty in their chosen group.
Elevate Networking LLC reserves the right to opt to not renew the membership of a member with poor attendance and/or who does not add value to the group through any of the activities listed above.
Elevate Networking LLC further reserves the right to terminate the membership mid-term of any member who is found to be engaging in dishonest, fraudulent or incompetent business practices in their dealings with fellow members.